Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day Special

I picked up a young man and his girlfriend at a popular restaurant. After getting their destination and punching the meter, I overheard the following:

Girlfriend: Well that was interesting.

Boyfriend: Yeah, that was some argument.

Girlfriend: Do you think they'll make up by the time they get home?

Boyfriend: And what? Then have really good make-up sex?

Girlfriend (coyingly): Well... yeahhh.

Boyfriend: I don't even want to think about that. They're pretty old.

Girlfriend: Oh, come on, they're not THAT old.

Boyfriend: Maybe. Still, it was a really interesting argument.

Girlfriend: What do you mean?

Boyfriend: I wish we had arguments that interesting.

Girlfriend: What?

Boyfriend: I mean, we ought to make a point of having more interesting arguments.

Girlfriend: I thought the point was to not have arguments.

I waited for the boyfriend to respond. Nothing. They finished the ride in silence, got out without saying another word, and went home to either have an interesting argument or tepid makeup sex.

4 comments:

  1. You're a great writer! I've enjoyed each entry I've read.

    I adopted the style you used here in one of my tales... Hero to zero I'm new to this blogging. It helps pass the time and let some steam off....

    Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The people not reading your blogs are missing out a lot of quality contents.
    valentine kiss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work article, blogs I mean over all contents is must read stuff.valentine ring

    ReplyDelete